Why buy in additional Speech and Language Therapy?
- You need more speech and language therapy time available for assessments, reviews, target setting and therapy
- You have high numbers of children with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- Levels of attainment are being affected by children’s underlying speech and language skills
- You have identified communication skills as a priority or focus for development over a year
- You are developing your offer for children with SLCN to meet Ofsted requirements and the SEND Code of Practice
- The NHS provides a service to children and young people with the highest level of need but there are significant groups that do not receive regular ongoing support
I work closely with a number of schools and nurseries in and around Wiltshire, offering regular direct speech and language therapy with the added benefit of being able to work alongside the child’s teachers and teaching assistants.
Depending on the child’s needs, the sessions can take place in the classroom where the child can receive support within the classroom routine, or one to one support can be provided in a quieter environment within the school.
I collaborate with SENCos, teachers and teaching assistants to write joint therapy targets, differentiate the curriculum for children with significant needs, and provide support and training to staff members working with the child. Do make contact to discuss bespoke packages of care for your school.